SHIP Volunteer Counselors provide health insurance information and assistance to Medicare beneficiaries, their caregivers, family members and other advocates. SHIP Volunteer Counselors are responsible for providing information about traditional and nontraditional Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare Supplemental insurance and long-term care insurance based on client's needs.
• Must volunteer a minimum of 10 hours monthly
• Must attend monthly trainings. Missing two consecutive trainings could lead to de-certification
• Completion of SHIP Volunteer Training
• Become SHIP Certified
• Must be willing to travel occasionally to events in Jefferson County
• Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and proof of insurance