MEALS ON WHEELS EMERGENCY VOLUNTEER HELP NEEDED!
We need your help! Meal delivery occurs during the lunch hour and we have opportunities throughout Jefferson County.
- Drop off hot meals at local senior apartment buildings in the Greater Birmingham area while following all delivery, safety, and health protocols.
- Requirements may be adjusted or change as we respond to guidelines set forth from the Jefferson County Department of Health
1. Once you have registered for this opportunity, you will receive a background check form via email.
2. Please complete the background check. A link will be included in message you will receive once you have registered.
3. Once background check is completed, the MOW Volunteer Coordinator will reach out to you with instructions regarding training and connect you to an open route.
- Have your own vehicle with insurance that can fit several insulated meal bags.
- Must be 21 and over to volunteer. Children/minors are welcome to volunteer with their parent.
- Our meal deliveries happen rain or shine, so volunteers should dress appropriately and wear comfortable shoes.
- Volunteers should be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Be able to pick up and deliver meals during lunch time.
Sharon Shaddix wrote on March 29th, 2020
What day of the week do these opportunities open up for meal service to the apartment building?
Tina Pearson Rabun wrote on March 20th, 2020
Please let me know if the age changes. My 17 year old son is out of school and does not work so he would help and has a lot of availability. I would trust him doing this