MEALS ON WHEELS EMERGENCY VOLUNTEER HELP NEEDED!
We need your help! Meal delivery occurs during the lunch hour and we have opportunities throughout Jefferson County.
You will pick up the meals at the central MOW kitchen, located at Cooper Green Hospital, and deliver to a designated building, typically in the lobby. You will drop off the hot meal container and cooler at the building and the on-site staff or volunteer will distribute the meals to Meals on Wheels participants. You will also need to pick up the empty hot meal container and cooler from the previous day and return it to the central MOW kitchen. The buildings we serve typically have between 10 & 30 clients, so volunteers should ensure their vehicle has adequate space for a large hot meal container and one or more large coolers. Please note, volunteers do not need insulated meal containers as hot meal containers & coolers are being dropped off and picked up.
- Drop off hot meals at local senior apartment buildings in the Greater Birmingham area while following all delivery, safety, and health protocols.
- Requirements may be adjusted or change as we respond to guidelines set forth from the Jefferson County Department of Health
1. Once you have registered for this opportunity, you will receive a background check form via email.
2. Please complete the background check. A link will be included in message you will receive once you have registered.
3. Once background check is completed, the MOW Volunteer Coordinator will reach out to you with instructions regarding training and connect you to an open route.