WE ARE IN NEED OF VOLUNTEERS TO PICK-UP AND DELIVER MEALS
We need your help! Meal delivery occurs during the lunch hour and we have opportunities throughout Jefferson County.
- Deliver frozen meals throughout Jefferson County (West Birmingham/Central Birmingham/East Birmingham/Over the Mountain-280) while following all delivery, safety, and health protocols.
- Requirements may be adjusted or change as we respond to guidelines set forth from the Jefferson County Department of Health.
- Volunteers will pick up meals at a designated meal pick up location or senior center and deliver to Meals on Wheels participants
1. Once you have registered for this opportunity, you will receive a background check link in the message you will receive.
2. Once background check is completed, the MOW Volunteer Coordinator, you will be invited to sign-up for volunteer opportunities that take place on Wednesdays. Directions will be provided on the location so you will know where to pick-up meals.
Opens Jun 29, 2020 8:00am
21 and up
- Have your own vehicle with insurance that can fit 7 frozen pack meals in 8X8 boxes. One per each client. .
- Must be 21 and over to volunteer. Children/minors are welcome to volunteer with their parent.
- Our meal deliveries happen rain or shine, so volunteers should dress appropriately and wear comfortable shoes.
- Volunteers should be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Be able to pick up and deliver meals during lunch time.