Do you have a special “In-kind” service, product, gift or item(s) that align with our mission of empowering women and eliminating racism or can help in some way to support or enhance one or more of our 3 Empowerment programs – Affordable Housing, Child Development, & Domestic Violence Services? Have a heart for embracing our social justice efforts which are at the forefront of each of these programs?
Register yourself, your group or company and grab one of the virtual or limited in-person opportunities below or if these don't fit, register and I will contact you to discuss how we can engage you in our mission!
- Virtual Tutors for After-School Program- 1 hour slot to tutor students through our Family Resource Center
- IT Assistant - Assist IT with various technology needs- flexible schedule
- Art Room - Inventory: Location: YW Main Building. Inventory supplies in Art room for distribution for program needs flexible schedule
- Paint Walls: Child Development Center has office that needs painting (9x16 room) - paint after 5:30 pm or on Weekends - donation of supplies would be a plus but not required.
IN-KIND DONATION OPPORTUNITIES:
- Family Meals: Sponsor a meal or meals for families experiencing food insecurity.
- Safety Kits & Cleaning Supplies: Provide personal protective equipment and cleaning supplies for families and home-bound elderly individuals.
- Transportation: Provide gas cards for families unemployed, furloughed, and moms in shelter
In Kind Sponsorships at Family Resource Center in Woodlawn:
· End of the year event in the summer (May, June, or July)
· Girls Mentoring Celebration Outing
· Parent Café Dinner gift cards
· Transportation Gift Cards
· Sponsor lunch in June and July for CREW (Creating Responsible Educated Working) Teens (summer teen enrichment program)
We thank you sincerely for being a light during this dark time for many of our families. Should you decide have items shipped to the YWCA, please include on the 1st Mailing line:
YWCA / IN-KIND Donations
309 23rd Street North,
Birmingham, AL 35203
This addition will assist us to quickly route your donation to the right location. Thank you for your service and donations!
Questions? Contact Valerie Johnson - 205-322-9922 ext. 351
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.