Success By 6 facilitates “best practice” quality early learning standards in Pre-K classrooms throughout Central Alabama. With skilled School Readiness Specialists, children in the classrooms are assessed and evaluated, and teachers receive side-by-side technical assistance and professional development training throughout the school year.
Magic Reading Carpets are fun, colorful reading mats for preschool students that are handmade by volunteers. Children love curling up on their soft, snuggly and comfortable carpets and opening a book to read. These mats can go anywhere the children want to go to read and are a perfect addition to our learning center classrooms.
This is a great project for a family, group or individuals wanting to give their time and talents without leaving the comfort of their own home to do something for the community.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR THIS PROJECT
• Two 5 foot lengths of different fleece fabrics, one patterned and the other a coordinating solid
HOW TO GET STARTED
1. Cut Fabric in 30 inch squares (4 pieces-2 smaller carpets).
2. Lay the panels of fleece on top of each other so they match.
3. Cut a 2 inch square into each corner so when you tie your fringe your final project will be square and not rounded.
4. Cut 3 inch fringe an inch apart along all 4 sides of the panels of fleece. You may use a straight edge and chalk to mark your line 3 inches across to make sure your fringe is even.
5. Tie your top fringe to your bottom fringe for a completed Magic Reading Carpet.
Once you have registered for this project, more information will be sent to you.