Creating placemats that can be used by seniors in our community is a fun, crafty and easy family volunteer project. These placemats are an easy way to brighten meal time for 1,500 Meals on Wheels clients. Knowing people care about them during the COVID-19 Crisis will bring a smile to their face when they see the time and creativity displayed in your placemats.
If you would like to color a placemat, instead of creating your own, this will be emailed to you once you have registered for the opportunity.
• Use 11 X 17 colored construction paper as a base. Anything close to the same size or a little smaller is fine - the sturdier the better. 8½ x 11 paper is too small.
• Use glue sticks for gluing and not any other type of adhesive.
• Do not use glitter, macaroni, or other types of decoration that can easily come off.
• Remember, seniors often have poor eyesight. Keep print large and avoid cursive.
• Do not sign the placemats, not even with your school or company name.
• Please avoid irony, slang, puns or jokey messages. Think of kind, sincere, and joyful messages and images.
• Please do not use any language that pertains to any religion.
Once you have registered for this opportunity, more information will be emailed to you.