United Way of Central Alabama’s Free Tax Preparation program has served over a thousand clients this year. As a result, area residents saved over $300,000 in tax prep fees and received over $1,300,000 in refunds! None of this would have been possible without our amazing tax prep volunteers, who have dedicated over 1,000 hours this tax year!
However, the demand for our service is far greater than our current volunteer capacity. We need your help as a volunteer to serve our community for the 2024 tax season. To learn more about our program and opportunities to get involved, please join us for an upcoming orientation session where we overview volunteer roles and preview the necessary IRS trainings to volunteer.
- Join us at an orientation session, and you will:
- Meet the United Way team.
- Gain insight into the Free Tax Program's impact on our community.
- Learn what it’s like to be a tax volunteer.
- Tour our newly renovated workspace.
- Pre-register to reserve a seat for your preferred training date (before registration opens to the general public).