MEALS ON WHEELS EMERGENCY VOLUNTEER HELP NEEDED
We need your help! Meal delivery occurs during the lunch hour and we have opportunities throughout Jefferson County.
- Deliver hot meals to homebound seniors in (West Birmingham/Central Birmingham/East Birmingham/Over the Mountain-280) while following all delivery, safety, and health protocols.
- Requirements may be adjusted or change as we respond to guidelines set forth from the Jefferson County Department of Health.
- Volunteers will pick up meals at a designated meal pick up location or senior center and deliver to Meals on Wheels participants.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring 2 insulated meal bags (one for hot food and one for cold food). UWCA may provide meal bags; however volunteers will need to pick up those bags from the UWCA office.
1. Once you have registered for this opportunity, you will receive a background check form via email.
2. Please complete the background check. A link will be included in the message you receive once you have registered.
3. Once background check is completed, the MOW Volunteer Coordinator will reach out to you with instructions regarding training and connect you to an open route.